WBS Flexible Sponge Cavity Barriers
An intumescent impregnated sponge barrier with fire and smoke stopping capabilities. Available in a ventilated form fitted with a rubberised intumescent strip which expands in a fire to fill the ventilation holes. The WBS cavity barrier is a flexible, fireproof sponge that is fixed in a horizontal or vertical position, in either a brick or block cavity. Its’ unique self springing properties allow the WBS to be fixed into the cavity by simple pressing the seal into place. The benefits are: Fire Proof Sponge (WBS) – Ensure optimum durability and moisture protection as well as offering continued thermal insulation within the cavity section. Powerful Intumescent Seal (VWBS) – In the event of a fire, the intumescent seal expands, filling the ventilation and moisture holes. Therefore, stopping the spread of fire and smoke. Additionally the rubberised intumescent stops moisture impregnation.
– All barriers in the range are designed to fix across the gap between the inner and outer course of brick to block or block to block walls
– The WB foiled cavity barrier range is designed to be fitted horizontally between brick or block walls, expanding to form a complete fire and smoke barrier in a fire
– Foiled cavity barriers are designed to allow insulation material to be installed both above and below the barrier
– VWBG barrier is self-draining – ideal for allowing free air flow in and out of cavities where smoke sealing is required
– The WBS flexible sponge barriers can be fitted horizontally or vertically between brick or block walls, resisting fire and smoke. The ventilated version, which must be fitted horizontally, is also fitted with an intumescent strip which expands to fill ventilation holes in a fire
– Sponge cavity barriers provide their own thermal insulation, but also allow for insulation material to be installed above and below the barrier
BRICK AND BLOCK CAVITIES
The barrier is held into the horizontal position by sandwiching it between the bricks and mortar at the
build stage. For vertical fix using clout nails.
BRICK / WOODEN CAVITIES
The barrier is tucked into the brick mortar during build stage, It is then held and fixed to the wooden partition by being pushed into position , because the barrier is flexible it has spring tension and will hold its self in position.
CONCRETE TO STEELWORK & STEELWORK TO STEEL FRAME
The cavity barrier can be attached to the concrete/steel by means of a metal fixing strap FB/c1 1250mm long or FB/c2 2500mm long available from ENVIROGRAF with appropriate fixings The cavity barrier can be formed to the desired profile / shape so that when the cladding is fitted there is sufficient pressure to arch the barrier and form a fire break.
General Fixing Notes
Fix the metal straps with suitable steel fixings or hilti gun.
If the cavity barrier needs to be cut foil tape should be applied to the cut area.
Foil tape can be purchased separately quoting product code ST50
WBS Cavity Barriers Vertical & Horizontal
Non-ventilated 1 metre length & 2 metre length
Ventilated 1 metre length & 2 metre length
WBS Cavity Barriers
Ventilated fireproof sponge for cavities
Cavity width allow when ordering 10mm wider for compress...
All of our 'in stock' product orders will be shipped same day, as long as the order has been processed before 3pm - this is simply to be in a position to catch the courier pickups.
Some of couriers are explicit in their non-liquid deliveries so if you have ordered a mixture of ambient and liquid products your order has to be split across two couriers. These are lead by courier company policies, however the courier selection was done of price and so you can be safe in the knowledge that you will be getting the most competitive delivery prices around.
We deliver across the Island of Ireland and aim for 48/72hrs deliveries on all our orders. If you order a product that is 'out of stock' we will get them shipped by our supplier, Envirograf UK over night for our next days deliveries.