- Application Instructions
- Order References / Sizes
- Shipping & Returns
A 1.2mm thick reinforced glass cloth curtain impregnated with insulation and intumescent coating, designed to be affixed to a range of surfaces and structures. Provides fire protection, spread of flame, insulation, acoustic protection and smoke sealing.
The product is Certified to IS0 9001 and in a process of ETA Certification.
– An effective barrier, providing up to 81 minutes integrity- Can be fixed to steel, wood and between concrete soffits and suspended ceilings with Envirograf® metal straps
– Can be wrapped around steel, trunking or wood as a fire barrier
– Non-fibrous and dust free, ideal for use in clean rooms, hospitals and computer suites
– Services can be passed through the curtain – use in conjunction with Envirograf® Products 13 or 16 to provide an effective penetration seal
If additional insulation is required, please see our Insulated Fire Barrier Curtain (Product 54).
All curtains are supplied with sufficient adhesive for the 50 mm overlap. The adhesive can be applied to
one face and pressed together, although it is best to apply a small layer to each face and apply
together, giving a much quicker hold. Just hold together for approximately 1 minute, to allow the
adhesive to grip. 1 litre of Adhesive is sufficient for 50 metres of curtain.
Should the Curtain be installed in a windy area, Envirograf ST50 or ST75 Class 0 Adhesive Tape can
be applied over the glued joint to hold it more securely while the Adhesive dries.
For fixing the top, bottom and ends of the Curtain: For timber supports use Envirograf FB/T Battens,
fixed through to the timber with 30 mm large head clout nails. For concrete, block or brick fixing, use
FB/C Metal Straps – 25 mm wide, with 2 mm holes every 300 mm apart. These can be fixed with spit
nails, screws, pop rivets (steel) or self tapping screws to the steel work.
Where cutting around services is required;
1. Wrap around the service with a section of the curtain and adhere together using the adhesive.
2. Cut a cross – X – in the barrier to allow the service through. Once the service is wrapped,
adhere the cut area of the curtain to the wrapped service.
3. If necessary, fit a patch over the curtain with the adhesive, using a section of curtain as the
FB70/1220 1220mm 81 minutes rating
ACOUSTIC FB70 FIRE BARRIER CURTAIN
FB70/1220/AC 1220mm wide 16½ mm thick 81 minutes rating
FIXING BATTEN MATERIALS FOR FB30 & FB70
For steel, timber or concrete or suspended ceilings fixing.
RECTANGULAR METAL FIXING PLATES FOR FB30 & FB70
Pre-drilled metal plates for ease of fixing.
FB/FP 30mm x 40mm
Where the curtain is in contact with T-bars, we can supply...
All of our 'in stock' product orders will be shipped same day, as long as the order has been processed before 3pm - this is simply to be in a position to catch the courier pickups.
Some of couriers are explicit in their non-liquid deliveries so if you have ordered a mixture of ambient and liquid products your order has to be split across two couriers. These are lead by courier company policies, however the courier selection was done of price and so you can be safe in the knowledge that you will be getting the most competitive delivery prices around.
We deliver across the Island of Ireland and aim for 48/72hrs deliveries on all our orders. If you order a product that is 'out of stock' we will get them shipped by our supplier, Envirograf UK over night for our next days deliveries.